FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Carver car amps?

<<

rob

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:37 am

Carver car amps?

I never realized that Carver made car amps. I just sort of got into carver audio and better audio in general. I had seen a Carver head unit on ebay so I knew they had some stuff in car audio but it didn't interest me since they did not have cd players and lacked the newer features. I just found a Carver K MOS 2200 on Craigslist so that interested me. I haven't seen any of these on ebay so I was wondering how these amps are.

Are these better then the current car amps like the Infinity ones or the Eclipse ones? I have not really seen too much on the car amps here so I was just wondering if the Carver car amps are worth my time. I have a decent ht setup, and a stereo set up so I figure its time to go into car audio.

What are your impressions on the carver car audio stuff?
C-4000, M-200t, TX-11a
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 am

Re: Carver car amps?

Carver made some damn good auto amplifiers. I've got a NIB KMOS-2200 waiting to be installed in my Ford Probe...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

HRDROKN

TFM-45

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Re: Carver car amps?

Memories.....

My first Carver car audio experience.... I think the amps were something like TM-240's? I'm thinking all the way back to the early 1980's here! This guy I worked with had a Porsche 911 with two 15" EV's behind the front seats and just simple mids and highs up front. Each amp was bridged to each of the 15's.... so on my first demo, Robert pops in some Van Halen and plays the "Eruption" track and (as some of you know) that follows right into the heavy hit of "You Really Got Me"... holy frigin shit! My long ass hair was flying! And the pressure inside that car was something else!

Never forget that!

8)
HRDROKN
MC-7P tube preanp, BBE2002R, Marchand XM44, TFM-35x .002, TFM-35x, M1.0t MKII .002, M500t, Silver 7t's, SDA-360 and Klipsch KLF-30's w/crites crossovers...

Return to Carver Car Audio