FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:38 pm

!! CarverFest Embroidered Polos "SEPTEMBER 1ST DEADLINE" !!

<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: !! CarverFest Embroidered Polos "SEPTEMBER 1ST DEADLINE" !!

Thank you, Maxx...

I almost got involved in the shirt thing this year too, but between work, getting ready for the move, and vacation, I just didn't have any spare time in August and September.

I can tell you this much--getting those shirts made for the '07 Fest took a LOT more time and effort than I'd thought it would. ToyMaker has a lot on his plate--he has a full-time business to run, helped coordinate the whole CarverFest from a logistical POV, AND he offered to make the shirts. That's a LOT to take on--if he's guilty of anything, it's over-extending himself. Although I have sympathy for him on this one, I also know that I know my own limits, and I think maybe he should have delegated some of those duties out to other people if he could have. I didn't order one of those spiffy embroidered shirts, but if I had, I would probably be a little miffed too at the delay in delivery. I mean, I got to CarverFest '07 a day later than I'd wanted, but I did deliver all my shirts on time, and even mailed most of the mail-order ones out before I left for the 'Fest. It's all about knowing your own limits, I guess, and I think ToyMaker just over-extended himself on this project.

Perhaps I can take the reigns again this year. I might not be able to get a good deal on custom embroidered polo shirts, but I still have my connections with a few good silk screeners, and can probably get some new spiffy multi-colored t-shirts made again, if y'all are interested in my "services" again. Hopefully I'll be starting grad school this fall, and although I'll be working this summer, my schedule is REALLY flexible, and I should have a LOT of free time for projects like this. Plus, a few more t-shirt designs would be a good thing for my design portfolio... =D>

I was thinking red and green ink on grey t-shirts this time around, and I could work in the "old school" LED meters into the graphic somehow. Or maybe white and red on black, and working the newer round meter design into the mix.

If I get some free time in the next few weeks, I'll knock out come initial designs for t-shirts for CarverFest '09 and post them in the appropriate thread.

BTW, if you CarverNuts from the "Great White North" are interested in a t-shirt from the first CarverFest '07, I think I still have some L, XL, and XXL shirts left over. Since I wear a M or L, I've got no use for them, and would be happy to send you one gratis, so at least you have some way to sport your affiliation with the forum! If you are interested, PM me your mailing addresses, and I'll try and dig them up. We've recently moved though, and a lot of my stuff is still in boxes, so it may take a few weeks to find them... ](*,)

I don't mean to step on anyone's toes with this offer, but since I've got leftover shirts from '07, and you guys are way up north, I figure you could use an extra layer of clothing about now... :D
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

t-mitch4

TFM-6cb

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:30 pm

That is a very nice offer Dreamer. Thank you. :D

However, I would be more than happy to buy an XXL if you find you still have one.
I will speak with my Pal in Washington State (near Seattle) tomorrow, and see if it is still O.K. to have a shirt sent to her address. This allows me to avoid excess shipping fees, taxes and duty. She comes up here to Vancouver Island regularily to visit Family and will just bring it with her.

I am sure I will buy some Carverfest '09 merchandise too!

Thanks again Dreamer. I will get my plan set up and send you details via PM tomorrow.

Regards,

Tom
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:43 pm

-F-that, mr t-mit...

-have mr dreamer send me the bill...n/c, buddy ...[to your kanuck addy]

-im sorry, just considre it interest

-K ???
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:18 am

Richard, I think that you are missing the point here.

Toymaker doesn't have to have the shirts made; he already has them there and has for 4 MONTHS now. He also has the shipping boxes and has committed to ship them out publicly on here several times already and has not. There are 6 boxes to pack with 10 shirts, stick labels on the boxes and mail them out. Should take no more than 10 minutes MAXIMUM. This is not a 2 week project. He has our shirts and our money; we have nothing.

Did he overextend himself at the time he had them made? Most probably.

This is laziness pure and simple and the lack of respect he has shown his fellow forum members is totally inexcusable, pure and simple.

Its almost enough for me to want to get rid of all my Carver gear and forget that this forum ever existed.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Arrived TODAY. Thank you James.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:09 pm

4 months? Is that it? Shit, it took Rabbit 9 months to get his raffle prize. He seems to be getting better. There may be hope for him yet.

*ducks*

:D
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Naaa... I found the PERFECT solution from now on.
Don't offer to do anything !
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:30 pm

You sir, are a true slacker. Carry on........ :-"
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:11 pm

Yup, that's me... :roll:

Came in Monday 6:00am, and went home Tuessday at 9:00pm...
I worked more in 1 shift, that most work in a whole week.
Came back 8:00 am today (Wednesday) and will probably be here till 5-6 pm tomorrow

so in a 3 day period I'm working around 72 hours
Hell Tom, I bet you can't even stay awake that long, let alone work :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:53 pm

Nope, I can not and will not do that. Been there, done that and it's not what I consider fun. Mostly now? I try to sleep while I'm working. Things seem to go well that way. \:D/

I'm just giving you some shit James. No harm, no foul. All is well. Now get back to work bitch! :D

<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:03 pm

well James ..seems to me that you have no need for you light stars....at work to much....can I make the 1 st offer....? 8-[

Just kidin...
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 pm

stevewithrow wrote:well James ..seems to me that you have no need for you light stars....at work to much....can I make the 1 st offer....? 8-[

Just kidin...

Duuu... what do you think is keeping me awake !! :D

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:54 pm

treitz3 wrote:4 months? Is that it? Shit, it took Rabbit 9 months to get his raffle prize. He seems to be getting better. There may be hope for him yet.

*ducks*

:D

LOL...... :-"
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:55 pm

BillD wrote:Arrived TODAY. Thank you James.

Damn nice shirt, isn't it?
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:42 pm

Sure is!!! It was worth the wait.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to CARVERFEST 08'