FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 am

Jerry "Hot Rod" DeMink gives CD discount to forum members!

<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:47 pm

Jerry "Hot Rod" DeMink gives CD discount to forum members!

Right click on the link, and click: Save Target As - This is a lossless wav. file, and it's pretty big.

Track3

We have spoken to Jerry several times in the past few weeks and he wanted myself and Rainwoman to pass along something for Carver forum members only.

Jerry has been able to confirm the dates on his calendar and is looking forward to attending Carverfest "09"! Jerry is very excited about meeting all of you! With that being said Jerry wanted to pass along something special for all Carver forum members who would like to enjoy any of his albums. Any Carver forum members wishing to order a CD can do so at the special price of $10.00 and Jerry will also ship them to you free of charge! Just be sure to let Jerry know that you are a Carver Forum member and include your user name if you place an order. Ordering information can be found at http://www.hotroddemink.com

Jerry will also be joining the forum in the near future so he can read up on things, and he also wants to get to know everyone before Carverfest "09"! Be sure to give him a warm welcome when he makes his "newbie" post!

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact either Rainman or Rainwoman
Sincerely, Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Re: Jerry "Hot Rod" DeMink gives CD discount to forum members!

Sorry I have not heard of Jerry before? I checked out his site and listened to some of his songs, wow! He knows how to play the guitar for sure! If he is at the Carver Fest that will certainly be a treat for everyone when he plugs in his guitar connected to Bob's Mono Amps!! Dang! Sorry I can't make it to the Fest!!!! Maybe you can talk him into a drawing like Bob has? And the winner gets one of his signed guitars!!! That would be cool!
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:24 pm

Sometime this week Toymaker will be placing one of Jerry's songs on the forum so it can be downloaded in loss less format directly from the forum. This way everyone can sample Jerry's music and be able to hear not only how he plays it, but also how he produced it. I am quite sure that once you have had a chance to hear Jerry's music in this fashion many of you will be taking him up on his cd offer to all members of the Carver forum.

I liked Jag's idea regarding the autographed guitar giveaway at Carverfest "09" I for one would love to have a guitar autographed by both Jerry and Mr. Carver hanging in the "listening room"
I will certainly mention it to Jerry the next time we talk. I don't know what his guitar inventory consists of, but I do know his favorite guitar is pictured on his album cover. It is an all original Fender Telecaster! Original Telecasters sell for $35,000-$40,000 these days....Jerry used this guitar in the studio to record all of his albums.

Rainman&Rainwoman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Sounds cool...at first I thought you were referring to "Hot Rod Lincoln" guy (Charlie Ryan). Never heard of Jerry DeMink; but will keep an "open ear"!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:40 pm

1st post edited and link to file added
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm

elgrau wrote:Sounds cool...at first I thought you were referring to "Hot Rod Lincoln" guy (Charlie Ryan). Never heard of Jerry DeMink; but will keep an "open ear"!

If you like that, then I'm sure you're familiar with Bill Kirchen (original guitarist on the Commander Cody recording of "Hot Rod Lincoln"). Bill used to live in Northern Virginia, and often played at obscure dive bars in Arlington and Springfield when I lived there in the '80's and '90's. Talk about a smokin' hot guitarist. Bill Kirchen will set your pants on fire. He does a version of HRL that is just a SCREAM! He sings about passing all sorts of other musicians in his car as he's flying down the road, and every time he mentions another musician or group, the whole band changed style to sound like that particular artist, for a few bars. It's a howl, and it REALLY shows his guitar chops and his twisted sense of humor. Plus he's just a real cool guy ad a master showman, and gives a FANTASTIC live concert, especially in small venues.

As a HUGE fan of Bill Kirchen, I LOVE rockabilly-type music, and this Jerry DeMink sounds like he's right up my alley. If the rest of his album is anywhere near as good as the sample tracks on his MySpace page, I'll DEFINITELY be adding his CD to my collection soon...

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:28 pm

I think I heard Bill Kirchen down in Virginia Beach which is where you would find me and my buds and our girls every summer weekend from 1965-1967.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

BillD

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

I cannot get this link to download. I've tried IE 8, Opera 9.6.3, Firefox 3 and Google Chrome. I even tried to open it as a stream in Windows Media Player and iTunes.

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Sorry, link was messed up..
It works now
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Got it, thanks, James

TNRabbit

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:02 pm

Dreamer wrote:
elgrau wrote:Sounds cool...at first I thought you were referring to "Hot Rod Lincoln" guy (Charlie Ryan). Never heard of Jerry DeMink; but will keep an "open ear"!

If you like that, then I'm sure you're familiar with Bill Kirchen (original guitarist on the Commander Cody recording of "Hot Rod Lincoln"). Bill used to live in Northern Virginia, and often played at obscure dive bars in Arlington and Springfield when I lived there in the '80's and '90's. Talk about a smokin' hot guitarist. Bill Kirchen will set your pants on fire. He does a version of HRL that is just a SCREAM! He sings about passing all sorts of other musicians in his car as he's flying down the road, and every time he mentions another musician or group, the whole band changed style to sound like that particular artist, for a few bars. It's a howl, and it REALLY shows his guitar chops and his twisted sense of humor. Plus he's just a real cool guy ad a master showman, and gives a FANTASTIC live concert, especially in small venues.

As a HUGE fan of Bill Kirchen, I LOVE rockabilly-type music, and this Jerry DeMink sounds like he's right up my alley. If the rest of his album is anywhere near as good as the sample tracks on his MySpace page, I'll DEFINITELY be adding his CD to my collection soon...

--Richard

Richard, I've HEARD that version of the song; it's EXCELLENT!!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Yeah, we heard it at Richard's together.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 am

weitrhino wrote:Yeah, we heard it at Richard's together.

By god, you're right, Rodney~ I had forgotten where it was....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Outlaw

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Bill Kirchen rocks out with his version of Hot Rod Lincoln. One of my favorite CD's.
HOT ROD LINCOLN LIVE. He can sure make that guitar sing.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
<<

Rainwoman

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:54 pm

I LOVE rockabilly-type music, and this Jerry DeMink sounds like he's right up my alley. If the rest of his album is anywhere near as good as the sample tracks on his MySpace page, I'll DEFINITELY be adding his CD to my collection soon...

I hope you do add his stuff to your collection Dreamer! Knowing what I do about your music tastes I think you would really like it!

Actually, I don't think anyone who adds his CDS to their collection would be disappointed. He actually covers a pretty large range and his CDS reflect it. Just check his resume. He's recorded with many artists like A.C. Reed and Billy Bacon and the Forbidden Pigs and he has had his own bands. I've listened to it all and love but I'm a bit partial to the rockabilly myself :) :)

Here's some good news....Jerry joined the forum! His member names is "hotroddemink". Feel free to welcome him and talk with with him about his music. He's a great guy (and I'm not just saying that because I'm related) and I'm sure he would be happy to answers any questions you have.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
"If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything worthwhile."
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 09'