FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Silver-1 Tube Preamp - !!! PROJECT ON HOLD !!!

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:29 pm

Silver-1 Tube Preamp - !!! PROJECT ON HOLD !!!

THIS PROJECT IS ON HOLD FOR A LITTLE WHILE

Ok guys, here's the deal...

My father and I have decided to "produce" the Ultra-rare Carver Silver-1 prototype.
We have contacted Bob Carver, and he is completely onboard with this project, and seems quite happy to see one of his prototypes coming back out into the world.
We will be working with Bob quite closely, to make sure these units are as accurate as possible to the original, or better with updated components.
They will be a small "Limited Edition" series, and each will be autographed by Bob himself.

Anyone interested in one of these pre-amps, please contact me and can talk farther.

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:58 pm

Re: Silver-1 Tube Preamp - FOR SALE

Wow! That is Awesome!!
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:11 am

Well, I love to own a set of these beautiful sexy pre but I can't really afford it now. Can you ask Bob to omit the last zero so we all can buy a set each here. :D \:D/

If Bob is going to let the last zero dismissed, I am going to need a new sexy remote to go with the sexy Silver 1 Pre. 8)
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:55 am

I'm good on tube pre amps, but I love the idea........very cool.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:10 am

megasat16 wrote:Well, I love to own a set of these beautiful sexy pre but I can't really afford it now. Can you ask Bob to omit the last zero so we all can buy a set each here. :D \:D/

If Bob is going to let the last zero dismissed, I am going to need a new sexy remote to go with the sexy Silver 1 Pre. 8)

Megasat, I think you missed something here. Bob isn't making these, Toymaker and DaveS are. Bob has nothing to do with the pricing so he can't magically make the last zero dissappear. And there is NO way that they could evr be made that cheaply. Quality costs!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:39 am

FYI

The Silver One tube pre-amps are going to be an exact copy of the original with the exception of some new improvements that Bob wants to make. No remote will be available, period.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:26 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Get this on audiogon & start accepting pre-orders....

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:54 am

That is awesome, guys. =D> =D> =D>
<<

audiophile101

TFM-55

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Good idea but too rich for my blood.
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:01 pm

OBI56 wrote:
megasat16 wrote:Well, I love to own a set of these beautiful sexy pre but I can't really afford it now. Can you ask Bob to omit the last zero so we all can buy a set each here. :D \:D/

Megasat, I think you missed something here. Bob isn't making these, Toymaker and DaveS are. Bob has nothing to do with the pricing so he can't magically make the last zero dissappear. And there is NO way that they could evr be made that cheaply. Quality costs!

OBI, I was under impression that Dave and ToyMaker are marketing partnership for Bob and Bob and Rita's Shop may do the assembly and production. I might be 100% wrong. ](*,)

Well, whoever makes it, I wish it's more affordable to many here. :-k :-" I am sure some Polkies in the CP will want a few too so I am going to post the link for this thread in CP.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:08 pm

There are ways to have a remote without it causing signal degradation. Even Manley, who has never had a remote on any of their pre amps is now offering them.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:52 pm

megasat16 wrote:
OBI56 wrote:

OBI, I was under impression that Dave and ToyMaker are marketing partnership for Bob and Bob and Rita's Shop may do the assembly and production. I might be 100% wrong. ](*,)

Well, whoever makes it, I wish it's more affordable to many here. :-k :-" I am sure some Polkies in the CP will want a few too so I am going to post the link for this thread in CP.[/quote]

The first sentence sounded clear to me:

Ok guys, here's the deal...

My father and I have decided to "produce" the Ultra-rare Carver Silver-1 prototype.

I'm sure ToyMaker will clear this up for us, but I understood that Bob was going to do any redesign and had given his blession to ToyMaker and DaveS actually producing them. One way or another, I'd love to get one for myself, but alas, much to rich for my blood, especially now.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Nope, this is going to be a "Home-grown" project. It's not affiliated with Rita at all, and Bob will be lending a hand towards the end of the project to make sure the voicing is correct, and to add a couple upgrades. This is is going to be a 100% MADE IN THE USA project. So far it looks like everything will be made in Florida as well. I have 2-3 sheet metal companies lined up ready to go, and a guy local that will reverse engineer the boards, and give us a complete parts list to re-make the boards. The cosmetics will be the hardest thing to reproduce, and that I will be taking care of myself. So in the end it should be very hard to tell the original prototype apart from the new production models.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:43 pm

DOuble post - see below
Last edited by BillD on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:45 pm

What about branding and marketing? Will Bob give rights to the Carver brand, or are you going to call it a Sauter, or something? Market one-off or production? Sales through stores or strictly online?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to Carver Tubes