FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:18 am

"Bob Carver is a Rube" ??? Get a load of this SHIT !!!

<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:55 am

"Bob Carver is a Rube" ??? Get a load of this SHIT !!!

I was feeling a little chilly this evening until being warmed up nicely by these blasts of HOT AIR !!! I guess every douchebag who can solder a little thinks that they know better than Mr. Bob Carver.....HAH ! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80270
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:33 am

Re: "Bob Carver is a Rube" ??? Get a load of this SHIT !!!

They are baiting nooshinjohn...

Not surprised; there are as many opinions as sphincters...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:32 am

I saw that yesterday also. It seems either you love Bob's stuff or you don't.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

mewisemagic

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:53 am

quess they got tired of bashing "emotiva" stuff,now it's bob's turn :x
carver ct29v,tfm-15cb,tfm-35x,m1-ot,tlm-3600, pair of 9 t's ,c5,adcom 535 II,oppo 981 dvd, polk sda srs 2.3tl,polk sda srs 1.2
tfm-42,AL-III+, yaqin 10l
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:45 pm

FUCK THEM...... and the Horse they rode in on!
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:30 pm

thuffman03 wrote:It seems either you love Bob's stuff or you don't.

What's new?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:17 pm

gdb wrote:I was feeling a little chilly this evening until being warmed up nicely by these blasts of HOT AIR !!! I guess every douchebag who can solder a little thinks that they know better than Mr. Bob Carver.....HAH ! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80270

I just read thru all 4 pages. All I see is a discussion with pros and cons, likes and dislikes. Certainly nothing to be calling people douchbags over.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Just my opinion , but I never will and never have cared for this guy
Matthew-Polk.jpg
Matthew-Polk.jpg (42.53 KiB) Viewed 2195 times

Reminds of this guy.....

amarbose.jpg
amarbose.jpg (16.84 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

I have Polk DBX,s in my dodge , and I have to admit ..THEY SUCK.... Pulling them out and going with MB Quarts....I know the OLDER polk speakers are alittle nice , .....But over the years when I hear of polk , Dr . Bose comes to mind......
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Having met both Bob Carver and Matt Polk in person for extended amounts of time, I can say they are cut from the same mold.

To equate Matt Polk with Dr. Bose indicates that you don't know much about eithers products.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:05 pm

F1nut wrote:Having met both Bob Carver and Matt Polk in person for extended amounts of time, I can say they are cut from the same mold.

To equate Matt Polk with Dr. Bose indicates that you don't know much about eithers products.

Here,here,,attaboy Jesse =D>
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:07 pm

F1nut wrote:Having met both Bob Carver and Matt Polk in person for extended amounts of time, I can say they are cut from the same mold.

I said it was MY opinion.......and you would be the last , i mean last person I would ask advice from.... :o...Now im really in trouble....
Last edited by stevewithrow on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:10 pm

stevewithrow wrote:

I said it was MY opinion.......I dont care for the newer polk stuff so go fuck your self.... :o

Hey, don't get mad at me because of your ignorance.

FYI, the DBX line of car speakers are cheap, entry level stuff. You should try the SR6500 series.

<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:15 pm

F1nut wrote:
stevewithrow wrote:

I said it was MY opinion.......I dont care for the newer polk stuff so go fuck your self.... :o

Hey, don't get mad at me because of your ignorance.

FYI, the DBX line of car speakers are cheap, entry level stuff. You should try the SR6500 series.

You may be right Jesse , but the only experience I have had with Polk is my DBX,s and what I have heard at the retail stores . Not impressed . You prove me wrong and tell me where to go and listen to some of his stuff that is high end and I will go .
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Wait a sec.....you just said I was the last person you would ask for advice and then you turn around and ask me for advice!?! Oh boy.

Anyway, I have no idea where any Polk products are located in your area. However, if you can make it to Baltimore on April 9th, Polk is having a private demo at their HQ. I can get you in.

<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:39 pm

F1nut wrote:Wait a sec.....you just said I was the last person you would ask for advice and then you turn around and ask me for advice!?! Oh boy.

Anyway, I have no idea where any Polk products are located in your area. However, if you can make it to Baltimore on April 9th, Polk is having a private demo at their HQ. I can get you in.

You know im just playing with you Jesse...And thanks for the invite...!!!! They carry polk at our Best buy , right next to Bose room . Like I said earlier , I do like the older stuff from Polk . The stuff im referring to is the NEW Polk speakers and such . Pretty main stream . But if I could make up to the Demo , I would in a heart beat , then you can slap me... 8-[
Next

Return to Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend