FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:37 pm

"Bob Carver is a Rube" ??? Get a load of this SHIT !!!

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: "Bob Carver is a Rube" ??? Get a load of this SHIT !!!

You'll get no argument from me that most for the newer stuff isn't anything I would buy.

I do know that BB doesn't carry their better stuff and that their demo area is pretty bad, which never helps.

If you get the chance, the LSi9's, the SR6500 series car audio stuff and their LSi based series inwall speakers are worth a listen.

BTW, you got me....but I think you already knew that. Dammit!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Hope I don't get stoned to death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Who is this Bob Carver guy anyway??

"He's the guy that Polk had to buy the rights from so they could get the SDA's off the ground And you really thought Polk came up with that imaging system" :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:58 am

I've got a pair of Polk LSi9's, and I can assure you they are the best sounding speakers for their size I've heard. The old Polk SDA's are outstanding too.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:56 am

skip wrote:I've got a pair of Polk LSi9's, and I can assure you they are the best sounding speakers for their size I've heard. The old Polk SDA's are outstanding too.

No argument there Skip, I own and love several pairs of Polk speakers. It's just irritating to me when "windbag armchair audio engineer wanabes" start tearing down designs that they wouldn't have a prayer of thinking up themselves ! :)
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:29 am

oh man, that came close to someone being tossed into the sand box, throw sand in his eye!!! Hahaha!
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:07 am

Who said what, to warrant a trip to the sandbox, or cyberhell as it's called here. I just feel that untill anyone has topped or even equalled Bob's achievements, they should at least show a little respect to that man ! Oh well...Nelson Pass is a HACK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JK !! :)
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:17 am

gdb wrote:Who said what, to warrant a trip to the sandbox, or cyberhell as it's called here. I just feel that untill anyone has topped or even equalled Bob's achievements, they should at least show a little respect to that man ! Oh well...Nelson Pass is a HACK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: JK !! :)

X2

As far as Matt Polk goes. I've never met the man but I have great respect for him after listening to Jesse's system at last years fest. Bob on the other hand has become a "friend" after meeting him at the fest. When someone bad mouths a friend of mine I get a little pissed off.

Maybe "douchbag" is not a proper name for these people. In fact being from Brooklyn originally I feel that "scumbag" more acuratly describes them. For example:

"Hey scumbag, stick your opinions up your ass" or "Hey scumbag, fuck you & the horse you rode in on"

You see how versatile it is.

Just my .02
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:32 am

Fuck ALL the fucking fuckers....

:lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:33 am

As Hunter used to say: "It works for me" !! Scumwaffle is a good one too ! :lol:
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but who is this Hunter guy?
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:24 pm

Hunter was a character (lead) on a 1980s police detective show by the same name. The part was played by a retired NFL player who's name was/is Fred Dryer.

http://crazyabouttv.com/hunter.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Dryer
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:20 pm

gdb wrote:Hunter was a character (lead) on a 1980s police detective show by the same name. The part was played by a retired NFL player who's name was/is Fred Dryer.

http://crazyabouttv.com/hunter.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Dryer

Ok, that Hunter. I thought that you were referring to someone who had something to do with the subject being discussed.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Ricardo-HTRookie

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:53 pm

Wow, cool forum. You can say the F word here.

Just passing by. On my way out now.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:14 am

I feel compelled to offer an appology to this forum as I did on the polk forum as well. When i started that thread on Polk it was in the spirit of having a dialog in a manner that the thread began. I did not intend for two forums full of people I respect and occasional vissitted by those I admire to become involved in bashing each other. all was well until Doro offered his insight by calling Mr Carver a rube and it went to hell fast after that, bringing us to this point. In fairness to Doro Bob did refer to Ben by saying he was snotty, and Doro may have just been defending Ben. If I had removed that portion of Bob's email to me we may not be here today.

Again my appologies to all members of BOTH forums that may have been offended by what this has become...

John
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!Sunfire Signature TGA 7401, Pioneer SC-37 Surround Receiver, Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamp with Phono Stage, Magnepan MG-20's(main) Polk Audio RM 7500's(surround) Polk Audio CSi-a6 (center) Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, Pioneer Elite PD-DJ9 SACD/CD Player, Sony BDPs-350 BLUray player, LG 42lg50 1080p HDTV, Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 powered subwoofer.[/size]
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:04 am

John, the one thing you need to understand is that Bob was talking about someone he knew nothing about......yet to him, sounded snotty and since he is human he just spoke his mind. Doro? Oh, come on man. We are talking about Doro for heaven's sake. He throws shit out there to stir the pot all the time. This time it worked.

Rule of thumb. Take what Doro says and try to get the humor or sarcasm out of it. He's actually a quite knowledgeable guy, respectable and a good person if you can believe it or not. Those that don't know him and his normal comments may not see this. Stick around and give it time. After a while, you'll see the bigger picture.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
PreviousNext

Return to Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend