FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:51 am

WiFi at CF09?

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu May 07, 2009 6:29 pm

WiFi at CF09?

James or Tom do you guys know if they improved the WiFi for web is going to be any better this year? I could not even get a connection at my cabin last year! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri May 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: WiFi at CF09?

I wouldn't hold your breath...

Bob's cabin was the only one that was pretty easy to get a signal at. Like 3-4 others are supposed to jump off that cabin for a signal. But it has never worked.
It's a pretty pathetic WiFI system they have setup, and doesn't seem to work, even when it IS working.

Cabin 10 has WORKING WiFi
Cabin 11 and 12 are supposed to get a signal FROM 10, but they don't, unless you are upstairs sitting IN a window.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm

James, are we still planning on running a hard wire? Eddie, he's correct. It's a crap shoot. I'll try to find out more as time gets closer. Cabin 10 in the meantime is a surefire WI-FI setup if it is a necessity for you.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri May 08, 2009 3:08 pm

I have left Tim [owner of the cabins] a message on his cell but I don't think we will be hearing back from him until later in the week next week. I have been informed that he is in Mexico currently searching for the swine flu so that he can offer it to guests that stay at the cabins during Carverfest as an upgrade at no additional cost. What more could you ask for in a guy? :D

Oh, talked w/ James and we will see about the hard wire thinghy-dinghy. More to come later. Stay tuned.....
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 pm

My cabin worked fine.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri May 08, 2009 3:43 pm

engtaz wrote:My cabin worked fine.

Ok, well bring your WiFi over to 12 this year...

SHARE! you selfish bastard :D
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri May 08, 2009 5:59 pm

I thought being a kitchen bitch was sharing enough. Heck I started your coffee every morning. What more did you want. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sat May 09, 2009 6:36 am

treitz3 wrote:James, are we still planning on running a hard wire? Eddie, he's correct. It's a crap shoot. I'll try to find out more as time gets closer. Cabin 10 in the meantime is a surefire WI-FI setup if it is a necessity for you.

Thanks Tom let me know what you hear if they did any upgrading to the cabins! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:57 pm

Ok, we have learned that the cabins did not upgrade any of the wi-fi gear. We also can not hard wire the signal using any of the cat5 cables. That said, we have a team of engineers and computer experts working behind the scenes to get the internet up and running off of WS10's signal. We will find out more in the days to come and hopefully we can get the signal up and running before I get there on Thursday.

Worst case scenario......we do know that we can get a dial up service but that will not provide those that want to see photos/videos of the event as it happens.

If anybody has any suggestions, feel free to chime in. What we are looking at is about a [guesstimated] 700' wi-fi signal with a 100' drop through trees to get the signal from WS10 to WS11. Then, we have to pln to get the signal from WS11 to WS12. That won't be too hard if we can get a constant good signal to WS11.

Does anybody who is coming have a repeater they can bring?

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Tom I am bring one of these to see if it will reach and pull in the signal!

http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/pro ... ProdID=379

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:46 am

but that will not provide those that want to see photos/videos of the event as it happens.

Sorry Tom, but so what!?! This isn't some damn reality show. If they want to see the events as they happen, then they need to be there.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 am

Yeah, you guys have fun. It seems silly to take your time there for us out here. If you take a few pics, we can see them later.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:56 am

I agree; pic/video & post up later (Aug 2010?) ... :lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 pm

F1nut wrote: If they want to see the events as they happen, then they need to be there.
You know what? After 3 years of trying to deal with this? If it doesn't work this year......you are right.

Get your asses to CF if you want to see what's going on!

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:39 pm

You can also stand by the new fire pit between 9 & 10 and get eaten by bugs. Lol. Oh yeh that's what I'm doing. Lol
engtaz

Next

Return to CARVERFEST 09'