FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:37 am

What gear/music are you bringing to CF '09?

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon May 25, 2009 9:02 pm

What gear/music are you bringing to CF '09?

What are you planning to bring to this year's 'Fest? I'd really want to do some listening to a TFM-75 if anyone has one they're willing to bring.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 25, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: What gear/music are you bringing to CF '09?

I'm not bringing anything this year.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue May 26, 2009 12:14 am

My father and I had been talking about this, and here's the deal.
This year I will be bringing up his gear, and leaving mine home most likely.
I think what we are going to do this year is:

I will be bringing up his:
Silver-1 tube preamp
Silver-6 tube amps
Silver-9 tube amps
EQ / crossover / squeezebox

My:
AL-VI speakers
1 Lightstar amp that Eddie is bringing down to me.

There might be a few other odds and ends, but thats about it.

(NOTE)
This will be the only time this tube equipemnt will be going to CarverFest.
My father is not thrilled about taking it up there this year, and I don't blame him.
But I talked him into it for this year, but it will probably be the only time it happens.
After this, if anyone want's to hear them, you'll have to plan a trip to Florida.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue May 26, 2009 9:18 am

Wow Toymaker! I am looking forward to hearing your system.

This is the start of the list of what Beemers417 and I will be bringing down

AL III's
TFM 55
SD/A 490T
C 19
Sunfire True sub MKII

I know that more will be added to the list just have not decieded what yet.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue May 26, 2009 9:45 am

I won't even be bringing myself this year....

:( :( :(
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Tue May 26, 2009 11:11 am

You said that last year and made it anyway.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed May 27, 2009 4:59 pm

TNRabbit wrote:I won't even be bringing myself this year....

:( :( :(

WOW!!!! I can't believe my ears, it won't be the same without you Gary.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed May 27, 2009 5:06 pm

F1nut wrote:I'm not bringing anything this year.

Are you bringing you Jesse? And your partner in crime...Eddie?

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed May 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Magnaryder wrote:

ray

Jesse helps me stay out of trouble!!! LOL!!!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Eddie wrote:
Magnaryder wrote:

ray

Jesse helps me stay out of trouble!!! LOL!!!

BWAAahahahahahahaha, yeah right!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you both again.
Anyone know if FrankieD is coming?

ray
Magnaryder

<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:05 pm

James

I agree with dad on this one DON'T move them Carver Tube Amps From where thay are. I would say to heck with the cabins this year and maybe have Carver fest in your home town. Hell James you have a whare house that you work out of right, We all get cheap hotel rooms in the area and we get to see where you make a living. Hell we don't have the money this year and it would be cool to make Carverfest #3 happen just on the cheaper side. I want to see Tom as well this year and with the new baby and the way money is tight, so a'bout it James. we all want to see them tubes so lets just all come to you than risk fucking up them great amps. Any thoughts guys.

Ps: James I would be willing to sleep in an tent just to see all you great people again for Carverfest 03 or to be more correct Carverfest 2009
Last edited by tfm75 on Wed May 27, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Toy Maker wrote:My father and I had been talking about this, and here's the deal.
This year I will be bringing up his gear, and leaving mine home most likely.
I think what we are going to do this year is:

I will be bringing up his:
Silver-1 tube preamp
Silver-6 tube amps
Silver-9 tube amps
EQ / crossover / squeezebox

My:
AL-VI speakers
1 Lightstar amp that Eddie is bringing down to me.

There might be a few other odds and ends, but thats about it.

(NOTE)
This will be the only time this tube equipemnt will be going to CarverFest.
My father is not thrilled about taking it up there this year, and I don't blame him.
But I talked him into it for this year, but it will probably be the only time it happens.
After this, if anyone want's to hear them, you'll have to plan a trip to Florida.

Eddie, the Lightstar amp goes home in the red Durango. Just letting you know ahead of time.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Wed May 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Just thinking about it, it would save so much money for all involved, James and Dave what do you think, no driving for the both of you, you could put on a better show being at home and like I said it would cut costs for all of us.
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu May 28, 2009 12:15 am

I'll be honest with you Tim... I wouldn't mind people coming down here, but I honestly look forward to GETTING OUT OF HERE for a week at the same time.
I'd honestly prefer to drive 12 hours, a get my ass back into my beautiful cabin up in NC. CarverFest is my only real vacation for the year, and I really don't want to spen my vacation in my damn shop. ](*,)

People are welcm to come down and visit any time, but I really look forward to NC as my little get away from reality every year now.
I'd love to host something here, but I'd hate not going to NC at the same time.

Hope it makes sence. Besides, I doubt my fater will want to drive all the way back to FL for a week just to listen to his amps for the 1st time :lol:

Moving the amps up there won't be a real problem, they are all double boxed, and packed very well. And everything is going in a trailer this year.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu May 28, 2009 12:40 am

Anyone know if FrankieD is coming?

ray[/quote]

As of now I am planning on being there.

I'm hoping Bob will be there.

Anybody hear anything about him?

Looking forward to your cooking Ray.

FrankieD
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 09'