It is currently Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:50 am

Tubes Tubes Tubes

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat May 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Re: Tubes Tubes Tubes

Thanks for posting all of that Perry.

I think I'll let James lend me a quad for demo purposes. :)
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 31, 2009 8:23 pm

James, you could always ask Bob what HE thinks

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Sun May 31, 2009 9:15 pm

I'd like to try them also.....GF has a on par deal on right now.....$230 a pair.....I also need a quad.

Ray....the Shuguang (clear) is, I believe, what Bob is using in his amps right now....James said he liked them.
These are what I have right now in my GF amp.....everything sounds great......I wonder how much better these black bottles will be.
I know that currently GF is the only distributor in North America......for now anyway.

Perry
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 31, 2009 9:23 pm

F1nut wrote:Thanks for posting all of that Perry.

I think I'll let James lend me a quad for demo purposes. :)

KEWL, a tube rolling road-show. CarverAudio RULZ!!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:22 am

No road show for tubes... but if you guys want some, I will have them in stock. I am geting 50 KT-88z direct from China, and 150 regual KT-88s

PM me and we can work a deal.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 am

KT-88's....pooey! I want some 6CA7's.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:55 pm

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks Dave. I actually have found the best 6CA7's for my amp and have a good back up supply of them. I was hoping James was getting some of those black 6CA7's, so that I could try them without forking over $480.00. :-"

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:28 pm

F1nut wrote: I actually have found the best 6CA7's for my amp and have a good back up supply of them.
That's a damn good tube for that amp if I do say so myself.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:13 pm

My order is going in, in the next couple days... if you want a set of the black 6CA7's, I'll try to get a sample pair, and I can let you know what they will cost. I doubt they will be anywhere close to $400, my girl in China is really getting us good prices so far. Do you need 2 or 4 ??

I also scored 500 QQQ tube sockets. Bob and Joe sware by them, and even they couldn't get them any more at a reasonable price. I got a great guy in Japan we are getting them from now. I guess Bob can buy them from us now :lol:
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:46 pm

Ok James, let me know. I would need 4.

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Got your "Matched Quad" of 6CA7z's on order.

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:37 pm

Thank you! 8)

<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:58 pm

If Nothing Else F1 They Sure Are Purrrrty :lol: :lol: :lol:
snarffydoggy
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:34 pm

snarffydoggy wrote:If Nothing Else F1 They Sure Are Purrrrty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes they are. I hope they sound as good as they look.

PreviousNext

Return to Carver Tubes