Tubes Tubes Tubes

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Tubes Tubes Tubes

F1nut wrote:
snarffydoggy wrote:If Nothing Else F1 They Sure Are Purrrrty :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes they are. I hope they sound as good as they look.

You WILL let us know, RIGHT!!!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:24 pm

We want pictures, too.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Ray, you can bet your ass I will.

Bill, no promises on that one.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:17 pm

I want to SEE how they sound :lol:
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:38 pm

BillD wrote:I want to SEE how they sound :lol:

And how they taste...I'm thinking Godiva

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:02 am

Jesse,, I've been reading and watching these for awhile.I'm assuming that they are going in the Manley,,please post your impressions after you've had time to evaluate them.I'm interested in a quad,or maybe an octet,,but at those prices,it'll be awhile.Good luck and have fun--george
Last edited by Zoot Horn on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:41 am

Geez; all this time I thought you guys were talking about these:

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:37 am

George, yes they are and of course I will. 8)

Gary.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Heres another review of the black bottles I found on Audiocircle:

Short review of Shuguang Treasure 300B-Z
« on: Today at 03:33:53 PM »
Hello members - I discovered a great (maybe the greatest) 300B tube and wanted to share a short review with you (I published it few minutes ago on Audiogon)...
Here we go:
I am an owner of VAC Renaissance 70/70 amplifier that I had for the past 12 years. The set-up of my audio system is quite minimalistic and I am so happy with it that I did not change any major components for several years with exception of the digital source.
System: Martin Logan original CLS IIA speakers with updated power supply, two Marti Logan Depth subwoofers, Yamamura Millennium 5000 interconnects, Stealth Ultimate Ribbon speaker cables and APL modded Denon 3910 CD player.
I am so familiar with the sound of my system, that I am able to discern any changes generated by different cables or low level tubes. This leads me to the subject of this review: 300B output tubes.
Shuguang Treasure ?Black Bottle? 300B-Z is my third set of tubes, the previous ones being VAC tested Golden Dragon and JJ/Tesla. I would hesitate to write this review if the difference in the sound of the system after installation of Shuguang Treasure 300B-Z was not so profound.
Original Golden Dragon tubes sounded nice, warm and musical ? unfortunately they did not last for a long time and after 2 years started to sound quite dull. JJ/Teslas were much cleaner sounding in my opinion, although not as musical as Golden Dragons.
Enter the Shuguang Treasure 300B-Z: it?s a revelation!
This tube does everything right ? the bass is powerful and tight, midrange smooth and liquid, upper frequencies silver and open. It is amazingly musical, with exquisite tonal balance.
What surprised me most was Shuguang?s presentation of space ? I did not expect that a set of tubes can have such an impact on the soundstage, increasing perception of depth and width and allowing musical images to float freely without any sense of confinement.
As extra bonus you get the light show at night: beautiful purple-bluish glow emanating from the top of black glass enclosures, much nicer looking than a traditional fireplace?
Shuguang Treasure 300B-Z is available from Grant Fidelity in Canada (www.grantfidelity.com). Grant Fidelity provides tube matching and excellent service, immediate responses to emails and telephone calls.

I really want to try the KT-88s.........when James gets them in I hope to be one of the lucky ones..... :D

Perry
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:43 pm

After all that I've read about them,I sure would like to get my gloved hands on a quad of 6CA7's 8)
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:03 pm

If you guys have PayPal call James SSOOOOOOOON because the order is almost complete.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:26 am

DaveS wrote:If you guys have PayPal call James SSOOOOOOOON because the order is almost complete.

Thanks to both of you for this opportunity, I appreciate it. I know that ya'll have alot on you plate,so to speak,,so here's a sincere
Thank you
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:56 am

Ok, I've got a little over 100 hours on the Shuguang Treasure 6CA7-Z's. About the only thing I want to say about them right now is that I've never heard a tube go thru so many changes.

<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:19 am

OK Jesse, not you have my curiosity peaked. I knew tubes have a burn in period where there will be some tonal differences, but your statement makes it sound like these tubes go through a pretty radical change. At least give us a hint, change for the better or worse?
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:42 am

Skip, they seem to flip-flop a bit, but in general, they are getting better.

PreviousNext

Return to Carver Tubes