48" & 60" CARVER(OEM) RIBBON SALE

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:48 am

48" & 60" CARVER(OEM) RIBBON SALE

48" Silver / AL-3 $ $650 ea. + s/h
60" Platinum Ribbon Driver $750 ea. + s/h

I am offering (BRAND NEW) 48" and 60" (Carver) OEM ribbon drivers.
I have all of Carver's OEM ribbon driver stock.

These ribbons are 100% OEM replacements to the originals, and come with a 90 day CarverAudio warranty.

If you have any questions, please contact me: james@carveraudio.com
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:31 pm

-New Ribbons-

-Toy Maker ; I won't have decent funds until 03/04/06. Can you tell me if your "New"48" Ribbons fit Amazing Silver {Trapazoid} Loudspeakers,besides the AL-III.I read some gibberish that they were differant in respect to the tightness of the "folds"in the Ribbon?. Secondly are the shipping containers reuseable {to ship out to Dave S.}?. Thirdly do you accept 'PAYPAL'?. And last but not least , Could you do me a big favor and ask Dave S. if he still would like to sell a set of crossovers for above mentioned speakers ?. Last time I talked to him my seizure medication was incorrect , and I WASTED alot of his TIME!. THANKYOU mADDmaxxx
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

nexus

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:18 am

Re: -New Ribbons-

maddmaxxx wrote:-Toy Maker ; I won't have decent funds until 03/04/06. Can you tell me if your "New"48" Ribbons fit Amazing Silver {Trapazoid} Loudspeakers,besides the AL-III.I read some gibberish that they were differant in respect to the tightness of the "folds"in the Ribbon?. Secondly are the shipping containers reuseable {to ship out to Dave S.}?. Thirdly do you accept 'PAYPAL'?. And last but not least , Could you do me a big favor and ask Dave S. if he still would like to sell a set of crossovers for above mentioned speakers ?. Last time I talked to him my seizure medication was incorrect , and I WASTED alot of his TIME!. THANKYOU mADDmaxxx

My Silvers have the AL-III ribbons, they were replaced by Carver over ten years ago. They are better, more robust units than the 'crinkled' type but some people claim the old ribbons had a sweeter sound.

Get these ribbons being offered here by Toymaker, you won't be sorry imho.
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:22 am

-Thankyou for your responce Nexus. I see what your saying about the replacement 'Ribbons', I think I have one and believe they respond a mil-sec. faster!.I just don't how 'Toymaker's come delivered and don't want to open a Ribbon up,and don't know if I'll have to,too dangerous!.Again Thankyou for the observation and , I guess worse case scenario is to buy a pair!.-
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:24 am

James,

Just wondering how these have been stored over the years? Debating on whether to order your NOS or have Dave repair mine which are still functioning but their age really scares me as they are original.

Do you know how Dave’s differ if at all from your stock?

How are yours crated for shipping?

Do you have a few or a few hundred of these around? Trying to get an idea of how much time I have to ponder this situation.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:39 am

They are the same, new, unused old parts that have to be put together. They are the leftover parts from CarverCorp. I bought them and am building them as people need them. Sorry for any confusion but ToyMaker and I are a father son act. For more info call me.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:20 pm

Would you happen to know how long they would last given a childless/smokeless environment? Of course I know that handling, moving, and other factors could be introduced, but assuming the ribbons were behind a "wall" of grill material, never to be touched, how long do you suppose they would last? Or do you even know the answer to this question yet, TXS. :-s
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:05 am

-mr. jimw ; please check-out the last 'posts' in the 'buy , sell and trade' section w/my 'blk. silvers for sale......info.you may want.....P.S. sir dave s.'s work is WORTH EVERY RED CENT!!!!....exspecialy if a ribbon looks like the one on e-bay......again refer to above mentioned spks...good veiw of a ribbon ready to go south.......please read..... /mx
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:21 am

-OK ....hear we go......dave s.'s ribbon repair is a FLAWLESS operation!! ...better than new and better than the bg's , i know 1st hand and he's quite the 'prankster' on the phone....a real human-being!!!!. .....do not hesitate to make an apointment w/him.......i can't tell you enough how great a DEAL he is... and kuul-headed....i would recomend him proudly[i promised a 'feedback' to him , sir dave s.].....thank god for him......any doubt's PM me....../mx
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 pm

Re:

DaveS wrote:They are the same, new, unused old parts that have to be put together. They are the leftover parts from CarverCorp. I bought them and am building them as people need them. Sorry for any confusion but ToyMaker and I are a father son act. For more info call me.

Old thread out from the dead but.

I got a 30 inch ribbon driver about 2 Months ago that was a re-done one from this father and son act and Damn it sounds good - Not sure how long ago it was re-done but I guess it was around 06 from the guy I got it from. Its like a new driver today and became my "CENTER CHANNEL" when I got a bad ALS III extra so its using the ALS crossover and the base with 10 woofer! Very nice VERY NICE sound \:D/
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 am

Re: 48" & 60" CARVER(OEM) RIBBON SALE

i sure would love a photo or two of what you have done. what did you do with the other ribbon?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:08 pm

are there any old ribbons still for sale toy maker
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:35 am

What size are you looking for ??
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:58 am

60 maybe, 48 for sure. so prices on a singe ribbon. i hope the price is less than original post....
<<

buddy2006

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:35 am

Dear Toy Maker,

I need a 48" ribbon replacement for my AL-III. Do you still have it for sale and would you ship it to Bangkok, Thailand?

Thanks
Next

Return to Carver Speakers