FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:14 pm

Bob Carver's relationship with Sunfire

<<

gjm76

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Bob Carver's relationship with Sunfire

I learned that Bob left the Carver Corporation because the board wanted him out, BUT, did he leave Sunfire on his own terms? Does he currently have any business dealings still with Sunfire? Is the gear that is made today as good as it was 10 years ago? Thanks in advance for the answers!

Greg
Check out my new website for Vintage Audio Advertisements, Brochures, and Reviews! http://www.VINTAGEAUDIOARCHIVE.com

Theater System: Carver tfm-35, tfm-25, M-500t, 490t CD, Denon 2808 DVD, Sony 550 Blu Ray, Elite Receiver, Denon Dp-62 TT, Epson HC 6100 Projo, Gateway XP PC

Bar System: Carver m1.5t, Otari mx-5050 Open Reel, Sony Turntable, HP Desktop PC
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: Bob Carver's relationship with Sunfire

I can answer the last question by just saying that manufacturing went overseas starting with the TGP-5 and the 7x00 series of amps.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:51 pm

I think Bob wants to mess around with tube amps more now. He still is involved in Sunfire but I don't know how much. Might be as a technical advisor.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

gjm76

Newbie 50+

Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks Guys, good to know...

Greg
Check out my new website for Vintage Audio Advertisements, Brochures, and Reviews! http://www.VINTAGEAUDIOARCHIVE.com

Theater System: Carver tfm-35, tfm-25, M-500t, 490t CD, Denon 2808 DVD, Sony 550 Blu Ray, Elite Receiver, Denon Dp-62 TT, Epson HC 6100 Projo, Gateway XP PC

Bar System: Carver m1.5t, Otari mx-5050 Open Reel, Sony Turntable, HP Desktop PC
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 pm

About 2-3 years ago, Bob SOLD Sunfire to the Nortek Group. Sunfire was taken under Elan's wing (another daughter company of Nortek) to bring them into the fold.
Bob is currently an "employee" of Sunfire, and it's head engineer.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Toy Maker wrote:About 2-3 years ago, Bob SOLD Sunfire to the Nortek Group. Sunfire was taken under Elan's wing (another daughter company of Nortek) to bring them into the fold.
+

and....Nortek just filed for bankruptcy protection. Gawd, I hope Bob got paid up front for Sunfire.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:03 am

Magnaryder wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:About 2-3 years ago, Bob SOLD Sunfire to the Nortek Group. Sunfire was taken under Elan's wing (another daughter company of Nortek) to bring them into the fold.
+

and....Nortek just filed for bankruptcy protection. Gawd, I hope Bob got paid up front for Sunfire.

ray

I'm pretty certain Bob made out like a bandit~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to Bob Carver, the Myth, the Legend