carver model pm-1.5

Just found us? Entering CarverAudio.com for the first time? Post your introductions here and say hi to all of the other Carver enthusiasts.
BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: carver model pm-1.5

Post by BillD » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:13 am

I'd probably PM him so it shows up in his normal email telling him to come here to look.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

bob p
SILVER-7t

Post by bob p » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:19 pm

thanks for the help, Bill. I've been so busy lately that i haven't been online, so i've been missing requests like these.

if you need to get hold of me, PM'ing is a good idea -- the site sends me an email to let me know that you need help. if i'm so busy that i don't read the threads, there's no way for me to know about a thread like this one.

in general, if anybody needs a fan, shoot me a PM. another idea would be to post to the existing PM-1.5 fan repair thread.

http://carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 69&start=0

@canuckr -- i checked my PMs and I don't see a PM from you though I see that my email account tells me that there should be one. i can't explain that. i'm sending you an email now.
thanks.
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:27 pm

I got 2 from him for future use in mine if I need em...Great guy to boot!!!!! =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

canuckr

Post by canuckr » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:42 pm

A very big THANK YOU to both Bill D for your help and to Bob P for the quick response.I did try to PM (Bob P) but there was no Pm box option, so I used the Email Box. Regardless, after a few e-mails the fans wiil soon be on their way,
Thank you
Rudy \:D/
P.s Keep some extra fans on hand in case I blow one up. lol

canuckr

Post by canuckr » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Hello
Just wanted to give a long overdue update. Communicated back & forth with Bob p. about some fans for my Carver PM 1.5 amp. We figured out the shipping costs & Bob gave me the total bill. Very, very reasonable !!! Had a few questions on installation, & Bob gave me the detailed explanation on how to properly replace it. Gave the directions to my stereo guy & he proceeded to replace the fan, no problems.
Hooked everything up, put on a cd & something didn't sound right. Long story short my faithful 25 yr. old EPI speakers started to have the outer foam crumbling & rotting apart. lol. The same guy refoamed them. Hooked everything back up &...................damn it sounds GOOD!!! :-({|=
In summary, top notch product, great price, great delivery & clear, concise directions.
A very, very big THANK YOU to Bob p. =D> #-o :-({|= \:D/ :(
Thanks
Rudy

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:27 am

ImageImageImage
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to “"The Welcome Mat"”